>>>>

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Evening Edition! Free Kindle Book!

I’m leaving this for you to download while the Hubster and I go have a very special birthday dinner with Baby Michelle, who is getting to be a VERY BIG GIRL!

I can’t believe she is one already. And sadly, it may be our last dinner together, as Michelle and her parents, Michael & Harriet, are moving to Texas where Michael has a new job. It will be so sad to see them go. I’ve really enjoyed having them close.

There are not enough little girls in my life, and I’m going to miss this one especially!

I’ve been laying on the couch on an ice pack, with my kindle fire at my side. This freebie came across my radar, and I know several of you love civil war stories as well as civil war era quilts, and thought you might enjoy this one. It was still free when I downloaded it a bit ago.

Noble Cause by Jessica James is free in the Amazon Kindle store.

Genre: Historical Drama.

Book Description:

This is the tale of Colonel Alexander Hunter, a dauntless and daring Confederate cavalry officer, who, with his band of intrepid outcasts, becomes a legend in the rolling hills of northern Virginia.

Inspired by love of country and guided by a sense of duty and honor, Hunter must make a desperate choice when he discovers the woman he promised his dying brother he would protect is the Union spy he vowed to his men he would destroy.

Readers will discover the fine line between friends and enemies when the paths of these two tenacious foes cross by the fates of war and their destinies become entwined forever.

Noble Cause is the recipient of the coveted John Esten Cooke Award for Southern Fiction and captured the title for Regional Fiction in the 2011 Next Generation Indie Award contest. It was also a Finalist in the USA "Best Books 2011" Awards for Historical Fiction.

In April 2012, it was named a Finalist in Foreword Magazine's BOOK OF THE YEAR contest in the Romance category. Winners to be announced in June.
Often compared to Gone with the Wind, Midwest Book Review called Noble Cause "a riveting piece of historical fiction."

There may be more couch time for me when we get back ---but it should be a nice and fun low-key evening – and who can resist Kenyan food for dinner? It’s not something I get every day!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:51 PM EDT

    Bonnie, Thanks for all the kindle shout outs. I have a kindle app on my slightly oversized smart phone. Since my phone is always with me, I always have something to read when waiting at appointments. Some of those stories have really been fun. Thanks again for pointing them out to us.

    I had a steroid shot in my foot this winter. Those shots are not for whimps and take a few days to make you stop wishing evil thoughts about your doctor. I hope you are feeling better by the time you have to travel again.

    Kathie in Washington state (I was your airport driver when you came to Olympia).
    kathiemackey123@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:07 PM EDT

    Hoping your butt is better tomorrow!
    Maryella

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed it..why are you lying on an ice pack??

    Connie - Boise, ID

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got it for free....thank you. Love Civil War stories. Hope you are okay...with the ice pack....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am lucky, I guess as my Dr. always freezes the skin before injecting the steroid into my knee. The first knee was too damaged and it did not help and I have had a knee replacement on it. The second knee it did work well and I feel much better. On the MRI the second knee has 10 things wrong with it. Not good. I dread a second knee replacement as the first one was so bad to recover from.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully the shot has done you some good. Feel better!
    Say, I was just wondering.... did Michelle's parents finally figure out to let the baby cry its self out? Or are they still fighting all the crying etc...? Poor people... it does take time to figure all that out! To bad that they are moving. I'm sure they will miss you as much as you will miss them.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)