>>>>

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

A Day to Play!

Such a fun day in Statesville/Mooresville!

I’m so glad this worked out, and that I had a free day to drive to Statesville and come rescue Sherry from the boredom of waiting for an RV to be worked on so they could head west on their way home.

I’ve sat in car dealerships for hours on end. I’m sure that camper world is no different – boring waiting room, really bad coffee, and terrible daytime TV.

I even offered to have both Sherry and her hubby Ray come out for lunch while the RV was being worked on, but what a great guy! He told us to go enjoy ourselves --- and he took the bundled up laundry, put it in the truck and went off to play “Mr Fluff & Fold” at the laundromat while we endulged our lunch time hungers with chips, salsa, and yummy fajitas!

There was still time to kill --- we couldn’t get a hold of Ray to see if everything was done yet, so we headed out to find the nearest nail salon for girly pedicure time. It was at this time when we saw the Chick-fil-A cow doing his thing down the road in the back of a pickup truck, and a few minutes later when we turned around in the parking lot….playing the drums on the corner of the road. ((Wait a minute – do you think this was the SAME cow? Or are there multiple cows?!!))

Doesn’t Sherry look relaxed?! I love the massage chairs!

We talked and laughed and caught up --- it had been since January when I stayed with her in California while I was out there. It was fun having her on MY side of the country and hearing of her exploits of the past 6 weeks that she and Ray have been RV-ing it cross-country.

bonniepedi1

Yes, she caught me mid-texting! But my feet are feeling very happy!

Statesville_June2012 010

And on go the funky foamy faux-sandals. How does anyone walk in these things? I trip over them every time!

pedi2

Dark Purple and Light Purple. That would be me on the right with ZERO suntan!

From there, we headed down to Mooresville to see what kind of Antiquing Trouble we could find ourselves in!

Statesville_June2012 011

Sherry, taking a pic of me, taking a pic of her! This was a very cool place, and I have lots of photos to share of this one, so those are going to have to wait until tomorrow. It’s nearly 7:30 and I better figure out what to do for dinner!

As for Sherry and Ray --- they are well on their way up toward Kentucky by now! Doesn’t this look like fun?

Statesville_June2012 044

I was right behind them at this stop sign ----then we were off on our separate ways. Be safe, friends!

9 comments:

  1. It's always a treasure to spend an "unexpected" day with friends; so glad you enjoyed it.....I'm looking forward to the same thing when we venture West late in June. Thanks, Bonnie; your observations about friendships and how to enjoy them always give me something to think about....it's not the big things, but the little things that count. (p.s., I've now started a "Little Monkeys" using all 30s repro fabric....as though I didn't have anything else to do.....all your fault).

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pedicures!! Looks like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, The Purple Quilter8:57 PM EDT

    So glad you enjoyed Mooresville! Lots of fun things to do here, especially with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Now that husband is a REAL KEEPER! I'll do the laundry you run along and have fun :0)...WOW I'm impressed.
    You turned a negative in to fun! Your terrific Bonnie.

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your nail polish Bonnie! I've had those flip flops as well. I thought I was the only one to trip over them! So so glad you could have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how wonderful you got to hand out and have a good time together on your unexpected visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You tell them if they are in my neck of the woods i will pull in next to them! LOL (Pulling our camper out for all of next week!! ROAD TRIP!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie,you just have more fun than a barrel of monkeys. Good for you. Wish we were neighbors.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)