>>>>

Saturday, June 09, 2012

A Bit of Desk Distraction!

I made it to Lynn’s and picked up my featherweight case! It’s in great shape--- missing the inner tray, but both latches work, and that’s all I care about.

I have three featherweights – the white one was bought in an antique mall in Twin Falls, Idaho and came in a plastic file box! The black one came without a case at all ---it was also another antique mall find, back mid 1990s before the prices on featherweights skyrocketed ---I still paid a pretty penny for it compared to what I’ve paid for other machines, but I love her. And of course, the magenta one that travels with me the most often --- it DID come with a case.

Lynn had a wonderful collection of vintage machines, but was uncomfortable letting me just come in and photograph them, so you’ll just have to know that I drooled--- a lot!!! Very sweet lady and we have SEW MUCH in common! I did resist purchasing anything else…I’m feeling rather saturated, and mostly I just want to SEW on the ones I’ve got!

So since I can’t share Lynn’s collection with you, how about a Down-Under alternative?

Margo sent me this email:


Hi Bonnie
I love all your machines. In Australia we have a sewing machine museum.
Here is the link
http://www.maryboroughflourmillgallery.com.au/
It is about 3 hours away from me and they are also on Facebook. It's a long weekend this week so I hope to get there. I thought you might like to share the site on your blog.
Margo Hendy
Who wishes she was coming to Bali

Thanks for the heads up, Margo! I wish you were coming to Bali too! OH! That’s less than 2 months away! I am getting SO excited over this trip I can hardly stand it!

And that said – I hope to make it to Australia some day, because I’d LOVE to come explore the sewing machine museum!

I hope you enjoy the link everyone, I could spend a lot of time in there, but I’m printing everything out for my trip tomorrow – time is a wasting, and it’s not being spent on fun stuff like sewing!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the link to the museum. They have some beauties! I'll probably never get to visit Australia, so this is the next best thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, you know people make after-market cases for FWs, right? Not sure if "authenticity" is important. But I've seen both hard and soft new cases for FWs

    ReplyDelete
  3. See Bonnie you don't have anything to worry about. As you collect your treasures, if it ever does become a problem you can just open a museum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:39 PM EDT

    String Fling: Scrappy, happy, and loving It! by Bonnie Hunter
    Will it be sold thru the Amazon.Com Books?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That museum is about 50 minutes from me, and nearby there is a town (Castlemaine) with a shop that has a wonderful collection of toy sewing machines (about 30 minutes from me and is the town where I work) - there is a bed at my place any time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:49 PM EDT

    You know, I bought a Hello Kitty Janome a few years ago, it didn't come with a case. My husband just happened to have recently purchased a nice handgun case from Uncle Mike's, which I high-graded for myself. It is wonderful and a perfect fit for Hello Kitty, it would also work just right for a featherweight, I believe. It is a nice sturdy padded case with zippered side pockets for foot feed and other necessary goodies.

    Gina in Missouri

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)