>>>>

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Window With A View ----

I’m writing this from the Philadelphia airport! I took a very short and very bumpy flight from Baltimore to Philly and am waiting for my flight home to Greensboro.

Can you see downtown Philly in the distance? I love seeing the barges on the water too, don't you? :c)

Some have commented asking why I flew to Baltimore in the first place ---- well, the biggest reason is because I do whatever I can to save the hiring guild expenses.

My original thought was to drive up here to Delaware…..stay until tomorrow, and then drive tomorrow straight to Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia for the Virginia Consortium of Quilters “Celebration.”

The only problem with that plan was that I would arrive in Virginia completely toast after white knuckling the steering wheel for an “at least” 5 hour drive from Dover to “somewhere near Roanoke.” The 4 H camp where Celebration is held is in a well-hidden-off-the-beaten-path place called Wirtz, VA.

In looking online at airfare, it actually cost way less for me to fly into Baltimore and have the Dover girls come get me…than it would have to fly into Philly, and the driving time for them is about the same. It also cost way less to fly this leg of the trip instead of driving it ----and it best of all is going to leave me less tired.

So I arrive home in Greensboro tonight about 5pm --- I’ll load up Shamu and and head to Virginia in the morning --- and get ONE NIGHT to sleep at home in my own bed! It’s worked very well for all involved.

My little hop, skip & jump flight lasted all of about 25 minutes ----and it was the same kind of propeller plane that I got to fly in Alaska! These are actually pretty fun --- if you like roller coasters.

Delaware2012 247

The view from a dirty plane window!

Here we are crossing the Chesapeake Bay ----bound for Philadelphia! the propellers look curved, but they are not – they are just in motion and that’s what the camera is picking up ---

Delaware2012 249

Another couple of minutes and I’m seeing the land on the other side! And there is the reflection from my lap --- HEXIES ready to sew!

Delaware2012 252

After the couple days of rain we had this week---things are really starting to green up! I love seeing the aerial view and the “patchwork” appearance of the fields. SO NICE to see the trees leafed out and fully green!

Delaware2012 253

More of the shore ----heading Northeast toward Philly!

Delaware2012 255

what a beautiful world we live in -----even the patterns of the clouds creating shade add depth and contrast to the landscape!

I’ll be on my next flight heading south to Greensboro in about 45 minutes ---- better send this off and get myself over to my gate ---

Ladies & Gentlemen, thank you for flying Quiltville Air ----we hope you enjoyed your flight. Please check your seat back pockets to be sure that no quilting paraphanalia has been left behind or we will feel free to confiscate it for ourselves ;c)

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE these aerial photos! I don't think of the east coast as having that much farm area/land. Thanks so much for this beautiful, informative post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want you to know how much I like all of your blog, not just the quilts (did I say that), love the transportation dialogue. I never get to fly or skip around the country like you do. I occasionally get to travel to Lynchburg, Va by Amtrak to visit my grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the aerial photos, I always book a window seat, first for the view, and second, so no climbs over me to go to the bathroom. Plus I'm right handed so applique or quilting is easy if I'm on the right side of the plane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the post....especially the sign-off! 1 night in your bed is better than none, have fun.
    Do you publish your calendar anywhere? I would have to think ahead to get to see you in person or take a class....although Minnesota is a good destination, you could visit family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:29 PM EDT

      Deb
      If you scroll up to the top of this page,on the left hand side, third over is where you can click to see Bonnie's WORKSHOP CALENDAR.

      Not sure she even sleeps... LOL. I see one in Lexington KY not too terribly far from my area.

      Smiles, JulieinTN

      Delete
    2. Just for fun I went to look at Bonnie's Workshop Calendar! She is a busy, busy girl!! Best surprise is she is scheduled to visit my Guild in Spokane Washington in . . . . April 2015!! I will be signing up for that one!

      Delete
  5. You make me feel like I was with you.What great looking scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the snips of where you have been, haven't been to USA so these photos allow us to see more than the tourist advertisements. Keep up the travelogue as well as the wonderful pics of stitching ladies. Luv Annette.....Melbourne, Aust

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, I enjoy your blog so much! I look forward to your updates. Thank you!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)