>>>>

Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Tags Have It!

I love traveling to places where quilters gather – and you can tell we are serious about our passions just by the license plates on our vehicles!

I’ve had this tag on both my South Carolina vehicle, and now my North Carolina Vehicle….

You should have heard the exclamations from the quilters --- “We KNEW you were here because we spotted SHAMU in the parking lot!”

They’ve got me coming and going – there is NO WAY I can try to hide in this big white van with the personalized plates! But I love it --

There were SEVERAL in the parking lot, and I don’t know if I got them all or not, but click through to the slide show to see them all..they are SUPER!

I love the BZ TRAVLIN one -- that should be mine too!

Class is done. There is a bit of time before dinner. After dinner is another lecture by Karen Eckmeier I won’t miss…

I’ve finished the binding on Midnight Flight, but the sleeve still needs to be sewn down ---I’m starting on the binding for Winston Ways --- I don’t know how far I’ll get but I’m making progress!

Get a load of this line up ---- this is what we’ve had going on here this weekend!

classlineup1

I hope you’ve been having a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

  1. I understand VA is #1 in vanity plate sales. Some of those ladies had to be quite creative. Love em. Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:52 PM EDT

    License plates are cool. I really enjoy your blog and the patterns.It's fun to see them in progress on your posts. I also can't wait untill you are in Ashtabula, Ohio in June. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. My license plate on my truck is 1kwltr or one quilter. It's fun to go to the Paducah show and see the variety of plates that quilters have come up with.
    Anna in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful collection of quilters tags! I'll have to check out the lot the next time I go to a show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad vanity plates have gotten so expensive up here in NY I just won't pay what it cost anymore.
    but the good news is I just got in your workshop up here in Wappinger's Falls again his year........oh lucky me :0) I just found out tonight :0)
    See you Thursday!

    Yeah for good luck :0)

    Happy sewing and safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you see Maryland tag QLTNSEW, honk or say hey. I love meeting other quilters on my travels.
    Sewfully,
    Carol in MD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to have vanity plate (not quilty, but) they wrer the same price as long as they had a # and then after they hook you ... they jacked up the prices! (grumble grumble) My Mom had STCHER 1 (she was a seamstress and a nurse!!LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The vanity plates are great. Maybe I will have to change mine. ;)

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)