>>>>

Monday, April 23, 2012

Relaxing With The Girls! ((Wax On -- Wax Off!!))

What’s more fun than a class room full of Quilters?

A HOUSE full of Quilters!

After dinner last night ((Home made tortellini soup, garlic bread, and salad, all by Deb ---the Kitchen WIz!)) Marti had a fun plan for us to pamper ourselves just a bit.

It was cold and rainy and dreary outside – our tummies were full of yummy food and we were unwinding and enjoying each others company after the long day ----

Marti decided to give us all a Shay Butter Wax hand treatment!

I’ve never had this done before, but boy did it feel good --- smelled good too! Lavender! Not only one of my favorite colors, but favorite smells too!

She stirred and stirred until all the wax was melted in what looked like it's own crock pot ----when it was ready --- I was the first to go in!

Delaware2012 100

Dip Three Times --- (( I’m getting the lyrics to “knock three times on the ceiling if you want me ---" going through my head!)) Can you see the rain splashing on the deck outside the window?

Delaware2012 101

Hurry quick! Wrap your hand up in a plastic bag all nice and snug…….

Delaware2012 103

Then on goes the mitt to keep it nice and warm! Don’t ask me why I look like I am singing “And The Rocket’s Red Glare!!!” here ----Carrie just caught me at a wide mouth moment! LOL! What can I say? We had 4 women in this bathroom at one time….LOL!

Delaware2012 104

Next it was Anne’s turn…..doesn’t that feel good?

Delaware2012 108

Anne and I give each other high-fives with our snuggly mitts on! When these hands are done, we will repeat with the other hands ----in the mean time:

Delaware2012 109

Carrie goes in with her left --- while Marti stands guard ready to baggie her up!

Delaware2012 060

THIS is Carrie’s tattoo!

If I ever got brave enough to get a tattoo --- it may be something like this…or it might say something like “Here today, Gone to Pieces!” :cD

Delaware2012 111

After Carrie and her mom left --- with the smoothest softest hands ever --- Marti and I set down to do some evening stitching. I brought my white featherweight with me this time….when I plugged her in the other day, her motor had a squeal in it from not being used often enough --- poor baby! She’s warmed up and humming now….I got about 10 Wild & Goosey blocks stitched last night from cast off crumbs.

If you have a vintage machine in your closet and it hasn’t come out to play in quite a while --- get it out..run it…they are happiest when used and used often!

13 comments:

  1. Well Bonnie, you won't believe it....I am the proud owner, hopefully, of a Blue Morse MZZ Zig Zag sewing machine..can't wait to get it! You are a bad influence on me...LOL..saw it and had to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are all having loads of fuN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I was a little worried about what you girls were going to be waxing! Looks like loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those little flying geese blocks! And, of course, your little baby! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:15 PM EDT

    Very nice. I bet that did feel great.
    I love those blocks you're working on.
    Maryella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little singer!!! What is the name of that handy light you have clamped on the side of the platform? Having your hands waxed and then messaged feels wonderful. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those featherweights!!!!! Have fun & happy quilting.Judy Crumler

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried the wax dips before; looks like fun! And that tattoo is too funny.....she even has cheddar in it! Ha! (I could never do a tattoo, but I think there are some really beautiful ones out there.)

    Love the wild and goosey bloocks! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want a 221 so bad... But I just bought a machine last fall and I must resist (unless I find one for a steal). I wouldn't mind tearing one apart, cleaning it up and re-building it if I found one cheap enough.

    Someday I'll get one.

    Looks like you had a lot of fun.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some day I plan on getting my Grandmother's machine running again! I have a Necchi that was purchased July 3, 1968 (I have the reciept!!) and untill the weekend my Mother passed away (March 2004) The machine ran! I was repairing something and it STOPPED... Mom died that weekend! (Was it the god talking to me???)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a good time was had by all. Tell Carrie I love her tat. I have 4 and would get another, but my 71 year old skin would rebel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not even going to mention what I was thinking when I saw the title of this post. Looks like a lot more fun than what I thought!!! LMBO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shea butter is the best! Glad you got to pamper yourselves!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)