>>>>

Monday, April 23, 2012

iPhone-o-Gram! What a Tangled Web!

Machines are pedal to the metal!

Who has the ugliest fabric!? There is no such thing when it's pieced in the quilt!

Who has the oldest fabric?? So far I think it's Marti who has sewn in bits of her grandmother's dress from the 1940s---Marti comes from a long line of scrappers!! It's the black piece next to the red!

Carrie brought a completed one---love the spider web fabric on the back---

Geri brought one to show made of selvages!

String piecing has so many possibilities---of course the scrap table isn't getting any smaller!

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:38 AM EDT

    Love it. Wish I was there with these ladies. Having rugs cleaned but I'm downstairs sewing on this really rainy day.
    Maryella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:44 AM EDT

    That's the block I'm working on today! Now I have a better idea of how mine's going to look. Thanks! linda-kaye

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are very inspiring photos! Thanks for brightening my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This block is on the WiSH List , love great job ladies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:36 PM EDT

    Not anon really - just on another computer. ;-) Love looking at all the wonderful work these ladies are doing.
    Blessings, DonnaP

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that "who has the ugliest fabric?" is a trick questions!
    ~~~the Art of Inclusion~~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. that looks great...ugly fabric challenges are great

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the best spider web quilt I've seen yet! I'd love to be in on this one. Got to finish a few UFO's before I dare start my spider web quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really wish that someday I could attend a spiderweb workshop. It is my absolutely favorite quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have that same spider web for the back of a halloween quilt I did! I even have some spider web blocks to piece into it!! (somedya I might even get it finished! LOL

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)