>>>>

Friday, April 27, 2012

I am SUCH a DUFUS!

So I go back to my room last night, ready to write this post and upload a bunch of photos ----

And it hits me!

I repacked my rolling carry-on lap-top luggage ----putting my laptop and a few necessities into a shoulder bag since I wasn’t going to be rolling it through the airport.

BIG. MISTAKE!!

I went to plug my phone into my laptop to transfer photos, and --- NO CORD!

Whaaaaa :c(

So..resourceful girl that I am, proceeded to email myself photos from my phone to my gmail account just to have something to share ----

Yesterday afternoon I took a walk down by the lake…and I was captured by the gazebo by the water and the sight of these chairs by the lake:

lakechairs

Such a beautiful peaceful place!

I did think quick when going up on stage to present the quilts for the workshops I’m teaching this weekend…….and took my phone with me to catch a shot of the wild and crazy ladies who are here with us this weekend!

group1

So we are a little bit blurry --- but I’m moving fast trying to get it done! But they are all waving and saying hello to you!

group2

This side is very happily blurry! LOL! I promise I’ll try to do better next time I get a chance!

Door prizes were hot and heavy last night ---the big gift of the evening was for a GO cutter and dies! WHooooot! You should have heard that quilter squeal when her name was drawn!

And for those who think you can’t get anything done in “spare time”?!? I want you to know I got the binding half sewn down by hand during last night’s meeting time! And not only that..I was in good company. Becky Goldsmith was deep into her applique sitting in the row with me as well. It’s how we get it done --- ANY CHANCE WE GET!

Classes start tomorrow and I’m sure that I can borrow, beg or steal an iphone cord from one of my students or someone else near by. If not, it will be a while before I can post the big slide shows of the class pictures ---but know this – I’ll be busy TAKING pics, even if I can’t post them.

Remind me next time --- I need an iphone cord that LIVES in the car!!

It’s Jamestown Landing Day! WHooowhooo! I am so happy to have this quilt back in my hands ----I’m sure we’ll have red ones and green ones and purple ones as well….but blue and white quilts are my favorites!

((Photos to come, whether it’s today, tomorrow, or Sunday after I get home!))

Happy Weekend! GO SEW SOMETHING!

14 comments:

  1. I have taken to having cords EVERYWHERE!! LOL
    We can't live without our cords.
    Have a great time.
    Lush

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:22 AM EDT

    Oh my God, what's going to happen when you get older? lol
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Maryella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:25 AM EDT

      Oh, Maryella, don't discourage her so much!! haha
      Faye

      Delete
  3. Anonymous7:27 AM EDT

    I had a similar incident yesterday. Could not find the stand to charge my digital camera, searched high and low....then thought "When did I charge it last? February, in FL..oh no, did I leave it behind? Ah, the computer bag"...sure enough, it was hiding in there. We do love our electronics!!
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  4. If your computer has a Bluetooth you can send pictures to it that way. I too teach but I teach high school and the kids have shown me a few technogy tips. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. CatieG107:30 AM EDT

    LOL! I will pack an extra iPhone cord when you come to Columbus next month! We are so very much looking forward to your visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:36 AM EDT

    Love all of your adventures. Bought an extra cord for the phone,you guessed it, that one took a walk. Ahhh, the modern life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the rain holds off so you can sit and stitch by the water! Have fun this weekend Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful group of ladies and beautiful setting. Wow, I want so much to be able to attend one of your workshops. :-) Hey don't give forgetting that cable another thought. At least you didn't put the coffee on and forget to put in the coffee. DH said it did make really nice hot WATER. LOL Enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a huge group. Looks like so much fun!
    I'm headed to Greensboro guild May 10 for workshop with you. Can't wait! Travelling mercies to you! Becky G in WS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, you seriously need to make yourself a Trip Checklist of what to pack!! One of these days you're going to forget your head ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Buy yourself two car chargers and at least one more wall charger. Keep one car charger in your car. Keep the other car charger and the wall charger in your suitcase. Just leave them there. Then when you travel you KNOW they are with you. And DO NOT buy the chargers from Apple. Buy them from the cheap cord places for around $5 each. They work fine and I find they last as long as the Apple ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm horrible about cords! Hubby and I each have a cord at our computers at work (we work in the same building). I have one at my laptop at home -- he has one in his computer bag.

    And, I have one just for the car! [Because once when we were going to Watkins Glen to a NASCAR race he left his computer at home --- normally unheard of! -- so we bought a cord at the local WalMart. :)

    I even bought a separate converter-thingie for the car -- I got it at Bed-Bath-Beyond .. it fits in a drink-cup hole in the car, and has two USB plugs and two 'electronic cord' (formerly cigarette lighter) holes. That was more because I have two holes in the car, and need to run the GPS, and my iriver (sends my ipod through my radio) ... and then if I needed to charge a phone/the ipod, etc. I was out of holes!)I absolutely love it -- it would be better if it were pink instead of electric blue!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My hubby and I both have two chargers:) That way we always have one at the house and I keep one in my purse :)

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)