>>>>

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cathedral Stars in Dover!

How can three workshop days go so fast?

Time has surely flown, and this morning I’m on my way home to North Carolina. I’ve had a great time with the ladies here in Dover ---I hope I can come back again!

Cathedral Stars is always a fun one to teach – there is so much going on in this quilt with the Jacob’s Ladder Blocks and Star blocks……and I love how things start to turn from simple units INTO something that starts to look like a quilt round about lunch time.

Our workshop went until 4pm and then Deb stole me away to go see some nature – we drove out to the marshy areas nearer the bay -----and I got some great pics of the area from a look out tower --- and then we went to Pickering beach to walk around a bit, grab some photos --- we spent our time up-righting horseshoe crabs that had found themselves upside down on the beach when the tide went out ---flipping them back over and helping them get back to the water….crazy, I know, but it was fun! I got some videos and will try to upload them later ---

I’ve really appreciated the hospitality that has been shown while I’ve been here. I’ve been in very good hands! They don’t call this the “Helping Hands Quilt Guild” for nothing!

Here are the photos from the workshop:

At one point I needed to go outside where I could get cell reception to make a phone call. The sun was shining warmly – and I sat myself down on a granite bench ----within a minute, this little guy had come to not only say hello, but to jump right up on the bench right next to me….and then right onto my lap!

Delaware2012 186

What a friendly guy, and a great purr-er! I guess he wanted someone to share the sunny spot with!

Delaware2012 187

He was just as sweet as could be. When I asked about him, I was told that he actually lives next door, but considers the church his back yard too!

Delaware2012 183

Look at him ----begging for more petting ---and seeming to say “I don’t suppose you have treats in your pocket, do you?!” I am such a push over!

Delaware2012 184

Sweet guy – saw me heading back toward the entrance doors ---- and made a bee line to follow me….

Delaware2012 189

Oh what a meowing ruckus to be let inside! Sorry, dude! Quilters Only!!

Petting him sure makes me piney for my own house, my own bed, my own purry furry by my side ----and with that, I’m headed there!

Have a great Wednesday, Everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Thank youm so much for these wonderful slideshows! Every time that I see one, I say, "Oh, I MUST make that quilt, too!" So glad you are on the way home for some rest with your kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the pics Bonnie! Have safe travels home! We just arrived back home from a family wedding in NC, and Gypsy sure was glad to see us.... probably not any more glad than we were to see her though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to see everyone making thislovely quilt, I finally finsihed my Cathedral Stars...! http://www.sewkalico.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/cathedral-stars-finish-for-2012.html
    ...A year and a few months on, but finished at least. So now it's time for you to come somewhere nearby so that I can start another quilt ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie...we enjoyed having you here! You are the best and so inspiring! Thank you for your wonderful patterns and your willingness to share all your knowledge. Have a safe trip!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. another wonderful slideshow. you're going to be in my little town later this year, so i'm trying to decide which class i want to take. cathedral stars is calling my name, but so are the other lovely quilt classes. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the slideshow pics.....it's always surprising what I'll see. A pic near the end showed her two blocks, but one was on top of a spider web block she made. And it created a very cool looking sashing, like it was made from crumbs! I LOVE THAT....and I think I might have to do that! Thanks!

    And yeah, Bonnie.....we really do look at all the slideshows, and every pic you post, and read every word! You give us so much, and we love you for that! You're awesome! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great slideshow as usual! Makes me want to start a new quilt every time! You know that kitty knew you would stop and offer a little kitty love. (My sister almost always has cat and dog treats in her purse). LOL
    Hope you are safely home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for posting the slideshow. This is on my quilt bucket list. It looks great in so many kinds of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:42 PM EDT

    Bonnie, We had a great time with you there for sure and thank you for all your help you gave me in useung the rullers . The cute little kitty tryed to come home with me when I was leaving and I told him no kitty rides as my cat Patches would not be a happy camper if I came home with another kitty.
    Carol in Delaware

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)