I write my posts in Windows Live Writer which allows me to do MORE with my blog than blogspot composer does.
For instance, I love to include slide shows of my workshops!
To view the slideshow--your computer, be it a Windows product or an Apple product ((computers and ipads included)), may ask you to download a plug in called SILVERLIGHT.
This is NOT a virus. In fact, for those with imacs who are reluctant to download anything -- you can find it even referenced on the Apple.com Website: The information below will tell you about the plug in and I hope you will feel safe enough to use it. I have friends and family who are also mac users, and they have NO problem with this plug in at all.
If you want to view the slide shows, it is up to you to decide to install the plug in. I won't be changing my format. It will be you that will find yourself missing out, when the fix is SO SIMPLE!
Silverlight is a cross-browser, cross-platform plug-in for delivering the next generation of media experiences and rich interactive applications (RIAs) for the web.
- Deliver media experiences and rich interactive applications (RIA) for the web that incorporate video, animation, interactivity, and stunning user interfaces.
- Seamless, fast installation for users, thanks to a small, on-demand, easy-to-install plug-in that is less than two megabytes (MB) and works with all leading browsers.
- Consistent experiences between Macintosh computers and Windows-based personal computers without any additional installation requirements.
- Create richer, more compelling web experiences that take greater advantage of the client for increased performance.
- Many more features.
- Support for new application types and business models.
- Dramatic video quality and performance improvements that raise the bar for creating rich Internet experiences.
- New features that dramatically improve developer productivity such as .NET RIA Services.
- Many more enhancements.
Mac OS X 10.5 or later
Mac OS 10.4.8+ (PowerPC): Silverlight 1.0 only
800MHz PowerPC G4 processor, 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo processor, or higher
Apple Safari 3 or Firefox 2 or higher
Safari 4 (Intel only)
I hope you will consider adding the silverlight plug in! I know you won't want to miss any of the fun, and I am posting this info here so that I have a place to direct people to when I get emails asking me why they need the plug in, the safety of the plug in, etc.
If you HAVE a mac, and HAVE installed Silverlight, would you please leave a comment here letting people know how it has increased your viewing pleasure of this blog? Thanks so much!