>>>>

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Evening Edition! Free Kindle Book!

I just arrived home a while ago. Sadie was ecstatic…and so was I!

It was also raining, so I opened the garage door to pull Shamu the Van into the garage, and…ooops. There is STUFF in the way on the floor, so I had to unload the car from the driveway in the sprinkles. That’s okay. It wasn’t a cold windy downpour, just a gentle October rain, and it smelled so good!

I drove up to Maryland on Friday….and I was a bit disappointed in the fact that there really wasn’t any color yet! But OH…in a matter of 4 days MY have things changed! The only thing missing was a bit of sunshine and a blue sky to contrast all the golds and yellows and reds, but you can’t have it all, can you?

The FALL COLORS are HERE!

While my laundry is running ----so that I can pack it all back up in my suitcase again and head off for Maine in the morning…I’m going through emails and google reader and catching up on things and I found THIS!

Penumbra, by Carolyn Haines, is free on Kindle. This standalone novel was named one of the best Mysteries of 2006 by Library Journal.

Book Description
Jade Dupree is a beautician and an undertaker’s assistant with a gift for smoothing the ravages of death from the faces of her clientele. But her strange talent isn’t the only thing that sets her apart from the townspeople of tiny Drexel, Mississippi. Jade is half-black and the unacknowledged bastard daughter of Drexel’s “first lady,” the imperious Lucille Longier. J

Jade’s half sister, the pale, fragile, and legitimate Marlena, is married to Lucas Bramlett, the wealthiest man in the region. While the entire town knows of the blood bond between the two women, no one dares speak the truth out loud. Though her talents as a hairdresser are highly sought after by Drexel’s elite, Jade accepts that she’ll never truly be part of the town and lives her life the best she can.

But on one hot summer day in 1952, Jade’s world is turned inside out when Marlena, on a tryst with her lover, is savagely beaten and her young daughter kidnapped. Determined to find her niece before it’s too late, Jade accepts help from a white sheriff’s deputy, Frank Kimble. The forbidden attraction that ignites between them threatens to add to the violence already brewing in town.

Get the free ebook from Barnes & Noble.
Get the free ebook from Sony.

It was STILL free on Amazon, I just checked. The other links for Nook and Sony may show that it isn’t free anymore, but since I don’t use those products, this is the best I can do!

Besides…I’ve got more packing to do!

3 comments:

  1. The colors are really popping up here in Maine now....so you timed it just right, Bonnie! Hope you have a great time up in Rangeley.....and if you're looking for an eating or shopping buddy on your drive, let me know! I'll meet you anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads-up on the free book - I have a Nook and its still a freebie at B&N if anyone else is interested. Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:17 PM EDT

    Thank you so much for showing these free editions. I don't have any reading device, right now, but found out you can download to your computer for free. Now I can download these free offers and when I do get a Kindle, I can transfer them. Thanks again for sharing your vast wealth of information.
    cindy

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)