>>>>

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

More Colorado....



Update on the right calf muscle.....

I kept it elevated and iced yesterday. Rest! You know me, it is very hard for me to sit still, but never fear, there was a binding and a hanging sleeve to finish! That plus netflix, topped off by some hand quilting when the binding/sleeve were done, kept me busy for most of the day. Upstairs, in the recliner, away from my photos which were on this desktop computer.

I wrapped the leg with an elastic ace bandage, and that extra support really helped. This morning....things are better, not all the way well, but on the mend I'd say. More resting, more icing, it's just not easy for me to do!

So...I did manage to hobble downstairs here in my basement studio along with my hot tea and my ice pack, and I think I'll be able to prop the leg on a foot stool and get some stuff done.

I just flipped through my photos...all taken on my phone, because I forgot my regular camera, here plugged into the computer.....and they didn't turn out half bad!

These first three were all taken from Lori's car as we drove up, so pardon any bugs on the windshield!



All I could do was try not to ooooohh and aaaahhh and wwwwooowwww outloud as we drove up the windy roads! There is a REASON they call these the Rockies!



Look at this gorgeous change of color! The Aspens are really the most beautiful part of fall. The way their leaves are shaped, they DO quake when the wind blows. They shine and they shimmer and the color changes from green to gold to yellow are just breathtaking!



We keep climbing...closer and closer. Windy roads mean a speed of about 35 mph with good reason!



Upon our arrival at Peaceful Valley Ranch, we were instantly thrown back in time. Isn't this carriage great?!



And just look at all this color!



And more color!



I had to stop and take a photo of the reflection in the pond...look at that blue blue sky!




This was the view from the balcony in my room. There was a babbling brook making it's way downstream just below my window, the water crashing over rocks and around branches, following the path it has for unmeasured time.



We unloaded the car, set up our sewing stations! I had help bringing in the 100lbs of quilts, and hung the class quilt from the display rack....but really, we all wanted to be OUTSIDE enjoying the weather, so not a whole lot of stitching was going on! I had my hexagon project.....I've completely finished the rounds of neutral/green that surround the center motif, so now I'm on to flowers in the next round! Whoot! That project travels so well, I'm already thinking of other hexie projects I'd love to do. More on that in another post.

I also had the "In The Pink" along for show and tell as well as a hand quilting project to work on. It's getting progress put into it..little by little.

And I think that's about all I can write before I have to go ice this dumb leg down again....more tomorrow!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie, we are happy to hear that you are on the mend. We are looking forward to seeing you in Smithfield, VA. Keep up the "ice" work and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try some sheer energy light support panty hose. They really help a lot with leg muscles, etc. Especially if oyu might have to be on your feet quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful photos of Colorado a state that I love and visit when I can.
    Hope the leg gets better soon.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Bonnnie, can't wait to hear everything from Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you make me jealous. It has been so long since I have been in the Rockies. My son lives the other way , south of Dever but it is all so beautiful. Thanks for the memories., Sorry about your injury.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew there was a reason to visit Colorado! So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie - I know so well what you mean. We moved to NC in 2002 after 25 years in Colorado and if it was not for the snow there, we probably would have stayed. Husband retired from law enforcement and was plain tired of working in the snow. I miss the snow so much. We still have four children there so can visit whenever we can. The fall colors in NC are so spectacular - after seeing just gold and green for so long, we actually appreciate the reds, corals and golds here. Hope you are on the mend now. I do not think anyone would let you cancel a class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bonnie,
    Sorry to hear about the leg..I pray for a speedy recovery for you.. :-)
    Colorado looks so beautiful... It's a pitty I'm on the other side of the world..Although Australia has some amazing views too... Us humans are very blessed..
    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to hear that your calf is doing somewhat better. Hang in there... just think about all that your getting done!
    The pictures are great... we live in Utah and the weather thus the colors have been pretty... now it's been raining, raining, raining, the past day or 3 and it probably won't be long til all the leaves are nothing but a soggy mess!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My DD lives in Denver and every time we go for a visit I am just in awe of the scenery. I take tons of pictures of the mountains. It's just beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)