>>>>

Friday, April 30, 2010

Featuring Kathy McCrae!




There are just some smiles I am so happy to see wherever I see them, and Kathy is right at the top of my list!

Not only did she drag herself out to see me TWICE when I was in the DC area, but she came to take my class at VCQ too!

And she gets special merit, because she loaned me the #37 foot to her Bernina when I showed up at VCQ with nothing but my walking foot on!!

You know, driving someone elses machine is like driving someone elses car....it just feels weird, but if you can put someone elses foot on your machine that the same as the foot that you left at home, you can almost forget you are sewing with a borrowed foot and just sew pedal to the metal like you always do :cD

Along with taking the classes, Kathy gets the "extra mile" quilter award for making "Jared Takes A Wife" in KING SIZE!! It's just gorgeous, her colors are wonderful, she put music fabric in it, and believe me..it just sings!

I just really wanted to share her beautiful smile and beautiful quilt with you, because I'm off to Austin!!

Thanks Kathy, hope to see you again next time I'm in the DC area!

6 comments:

  1. In October, 2008, DH and I went to an Elderhostel at the 4-H Center at Smith Mountain Lake, so I know just where you are. It's a great facility -- perfect for the VCQ event!

    The pineapple quilts all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lawdy, Lawdy That's pretty!
    I LOVE BIG, USABLE quilts! love them! Very brave of her to make one with such a detailed pattern... GREAT JOB! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a stunning quilt...neat smile too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes - that is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty quilt,. love the colores.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)