>>>>

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Answers to Questions....

Several people asking the same questions have prompted this reply so I don't have to write more than one reply!

I am doing the fans all over the quilt, filling the whole surface with them. My favorite way of doing fans is to start in one corner, and go all the way around the outside edge, and then do another round inside that one, and inside that one..ending up somewhere in the center. It's like a spiral of fans. It works great when you are quilting by hoop, (or without as Tonya does)

On little things, I don't mark them anymore, just eyeball...thanks to Tonya for that one too. But for this one, I AM using a stencil...the quilt is so regimented, it just isn't one that I want random fans on...and I want the fans to be larger than my usual 5 arc little ones. It's hard for me to keep them even when I do them bigger,so I am using a stencil, and using regular chalk board chalk to mark the arcs. They are mostly brushed off by the time I finish quilting them.

I'm happy that I got done what little I did this morning, made me feel energized for the rest of the day! Now I need to get myself in gear and run some errands and get on with the day. It's a beautiful mid September day out there!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking time to explain how you do fans. Never would have figured that out on my own. I must try this,they look so nice.
    Jeane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great info. Chalkboard chalk. Right on!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)