Remember my post about Feedjit? And removing it? Turns out that Mark, Feedjit Founder & CEO SAW my post and emailed me about it. Not only that, he upgraded me to the pro version for free...so I reinstalled it.
I awoke this morning to an email that said he had been trying to isolate the problem on my blog (mind you this email came in at 1am my time!)and it is the "friends" widgit...which makes it conflict between blogger and IE8. IE7 users don't have the problem. (And you've heard me before...FIREFOX users NEVER have a problem!)
Sami Shalabi, one of the friendconnect team members confirms that they did do something that caused an operation aborted error.
My suggestion is that you take a methodical developer approach to fixing this:
1. First try loading your website in IE8 to verify that you can see the error.
2. Then Remove Google FriendConnect.
3. Then clear your IE8 cache (Go to Tools > Internet Options > Delete) while you're on a different website.
4. Then Hit your site again and verify that removing FriendConnect fixed the error.
At this point hopefully you've verified that it's FriendConnect. If not you may want to try removing any other widgets on your blog. Remove Feedjit last because I'm pretty darn sure it's not us.
5. Now if you'd like to keep Friendconnect I'd recommend trying to reinstall it.
6. Then clear your IE8 cache again and try visiting your site. Hopefully that fixes it.
7. If it doesn't then the only thing left is to remove Friendconnect and leave if off. :(
To find out more about this error, go to this page on Microsoft:
So at this point, I feel it is up to Blogger to fix the conflict, or deal with IE or whatever. I don't want to remove the friend connect. I may move it farther down my page. And as I said....no error with Fire Fox!!
I don't HAVE IE8...so I don't get the problem. I don't use IE..so there is no IE cache to clean. But if this info helps anyone..thank you Mark!!