>>>>

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Double Delight....What about the indigo??


It was brought to my attention last night that I forgot to include the amount of indigo blue for the mystery! My ftp program wasn't working so I couldn't upload my edit...I found out why...the router had died. Bllahhh. I'm hooked up on my laptop in the dining room directly to the modem. I can't upload the website from here, my files are on the other computer.

But..just in case.... 3/4 a yard to 1 yard should do it..maybe a bit less....and it can be scrappy or not!

The rest of the info on the mystery quilt with the other yardage requirements can be found HEREalong with a bigger pic of my chosen fabrics.

Someone posted on quiltville chat: WHAT IF I DON'T LIKE BROWN? Well, choose something else! The quilt is basically 4 colors. Pink, blue, cheddar, brown. Neutral is neutral. The law of substitution applies. Switch your colors around, but as this is a mystery, I can't help 3,000 people individually make their fabric choices. :c) So what you can do, is sit out a couple steps. See how things are coming together for others. Join quiltvillechat@yahoogroups.com and see the pics in the files of what everyone else is doing, and maybe something will spark your interest.

Or... you can wait a few weeks until people's quilts are DONE...and even though it won't be a mystery anymore, you'll know what goes where, make your choices, and then start sewing.

As to the time I'm writing this post? Oh yes..it's only 5:40am. I've been up an hour. *YAWN* I guess that body clock is still way off......

So as to the burnt out wireless router? Needless to say, I'll be off to Sam's Club this morning for a new one!


Inside a Working Windmill
In the mean time, before the router went belly up, I was able to upload my windmill pics to webshots....here you go! The name of the windmill is De Zandhaas. it is in Santpoort, NL, right outside of Haarlem.

It was built in 1779 (you can see the date near the top carved into the reeds that make the thatched roof). As a working windmill, it is used to grind flour. The wind turns the blades, the blades turn the stones that grind the flour.

There is a little shop inside where you can buy baking items as well as the flour. It was just so quaint and lovely!!

7 comments:

  1. Bonnie,
    Welcome back to U.S.A and hope your clock soon resets! The 'tour' of the windmill is great. We have a lovely Dutch city nearby, Pella, IA. They have rich tradidtions and a tulip fest in May. But their windmills are not real. Seeing all that flour! Would love to try a Dutch letter made with some of it! Did they have pasteries like that?
    The mystery will be fun. If I don't like the results of the first colors I pick, that will be good reason to do another! Thanks for all you do and give. You're amazing. (Still haven't found the magazine with your article. Looking forward to another book.)
    A belated Merry Christmas,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos of the windmill. What a nice place to visit!!! Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:05 AM EST

    Your really bring back my fond memories of the four years I lived in The Netherlands! I'm looking forward to the results of your latest mystery. Sleep girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My girlfriends daughter has married a Dutch man and moved there. Did you know they don't let you stay in their country unless you learn their language! A very good national policy. It is truly a beautiful country.
    Welcome home Bonnie.

    I have done all your mysteries so of course I'm in for this one too.
    Thank you
    May you have a blessed 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the windmill, antique but still working well and wonderfully. Thank you for sharing, Bonnie! Thank you too for the new mystery quilt. My fabric is all together, I am ready!! I have made each of your mystery quilts, each one different and so very much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the windmill, antique but still working well and wonderfully. Thank you for sharing, Bonnie! Thank you too for the new mystery quilt. My fabric is all together, I am ready!! I have made each of your mystery quilts, each one different and so very much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I"m loving your color/fabric choices. I really don't need a new project, but boy these colors are calling me!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)