>>>>

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Naps....BLISS!!

If someone asked me ANYTHING...ANYTHING about what I could possibly wish for, it would be the time to take a NAP. And you know what? I took one! A full 2 hours, with an extra quilt piled on the bed. There is something about sleeping in the winter and fall that just requires the extra weight of an additional quilt, and it doesn't always have to do with the temperature of the room, it's the cocooned in feeling of just that additional weight for slumbering...or is it hibernating?

Needless to say I feel 100% spoiled, and it's only Saturday. Oh Boy! Oh Boy! oh Boy! Maybe I can have another nap tomorrow too? Can I,huh? Can I PLEASE?!

First of all, you have to listen to what I am listening to! James Taylor's latest album COVERS! It's a free album preview so click the link and enjoy. Oh man, I love his music, and it weaves it's way around and through my whole life and always effects me the same way. My fave cut? Wichita Lineman. This one goes back to when I was a kid, and I know my folks had this album by Glen Campbell.


Here's a little bitty that I finished. I always take some hand quilting with me when I travel, and I finished the quilting on this in PA...started the binding there in Chambersburg, and then finished it up in Auburn! Hows that for a traveling quilt. It's small, the blocks are 4.5" and made from bonus triangles. I'm now quilting on the "3am hot flash" and loving how it is turning out. This is the only kind of quilting I'm getting done now a days, but that's okay with me. I have many little tops that deserve hand quilting...and they travel well. I'll baste another one and take it with me to IL & WI, just in case! It's that evening stitching that keeps me centered some how in amongst all this excitement.

This morning was errands and running around. I guess I don't have to tell you how the food supplies in this house were greatly diminished after the past 3 weeks or so. Remember I only had 2 days in between coming home from PA and leaving for AL? So...there was a Sam's club run in there as well as a big stop at Walmart for groceries. The post office at the Mall (OR what I usually refer to as the MAUL because I can't stand the crowds of people and the bad parking far away from where I need to be....)is open on Saturday, so I was able to take the book orders I filled last night including a bunch of international orders and post them.

My friend Charlotte reminds me "How do you eat an elephant anyway?" ONE BITE AT A TIME....so every day I'm taking another bite and trying to stay on top of things.

While I'm typing this, I've got slide shows uploading to webshots. It seems the best way to show you what went on in the workshops! The gals in Auburn/Opelika were just terrific. What was REALLY fun is several of them were also attending the Dear Jane retreat with me, so we got to enjoy each other for several more days.


Auburn_AL_Oct_2008
Enjoy the photos!



My project for the retreat? The Salinda Rupp Quilt, Nearly Insane of course! I finished 1 and 1/2 rows. Doesn't sound like a lot. But the blocks WERE insane! Each one made me wonder more and more about Salinda and why she pieced things the way she did. Did she have other quilts? Maybe with BIGGER pieces? Her quilt was made in 1870 remember, so maybe times were tough, even though she was a northern gal from Lancaster County, PA. Maybe these little snips were all she had to sew with,and she was bound and determined to put them to good use? Whatever it is, her quilt is a tribute to her ingenuity and spirit.

The space at the Charlie Elliott Center is great, with plenty of lighting....well, until it got really dark :c) Funny how aging eyes need more light than we ever thought we would just to thread those needles. I'll start a new post with those pics! Needless to say, I never saw such a table loaded with chocolate and goodies! It was really hard to be good..but Charlotte will verify...I was!

9 comments:

  1. what is the star pattern they were all working on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Bonnie hon, I am always so impressed by your productivity. Amazing photos.
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Covers" is also available on eMusic if you have a subscription. Thanks for the headsup on JT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love your Nearly Insane ... so glad you are having little naps!
    Hugs ... Lurline!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Nearly Insane, fantastic colors.... Maybe someday I'll be "insane" enough to start on this beauty. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "How do you eat an elephant" is one fo my favourite sayings! We are so priviliged....we get to read about your insane travels and not only do you still have enough time to firstly take heaps on pics but you also have time to post them for us to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this quilt is turning out so fantastic!!

    LOVE all the webshots picture slideshows, thanks for making those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nearly Insane??? I don't think it's so "nearly" anymore... wowzers! you have really come a long way on this top.

    I can't believe how smal the pieces are... mind boggeling! ;)

    Love from Texas! ~bonnie

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)