- About Bonnie!
- Free Patterns!
- Tips & Techniques!
- Addicted To Scraps!
- Calendar of Events!
- Lectures & Workshops
- Quiltville Quotes!
- Cute Tutes!
- Vintage Machines!
- Blog Helps!
- Alaska Cruise, 2016
- Mediterranean Cruise, 2016
- Allietare Mystery!
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Orange Crush And Pecan Cheesecake Pie!
I finished writing the directions for Step 5 of the Orange Crush Mystery!
Today we enjoyed going to the matinee movie and seeing Indiana Jones! Harrison Ford just keeps getting better and better! I loved this movie, as much as I loved those done 20 years ago. If you are a Harrison fan, run, don't walk...you won't be sorry!
And for a special treat, here is the recipe you've been asking for! All credit for this treat goes to Mary who served this at the sewing day at her house yesterday. I have to tell you though...the first time I saw it, it already had a HUGE wedge missing...seems her DH was home for the day as well. Quilters upstairs? Pie left alone in the kitchen? You put two and two together! :cD
Mary's Pecan Cheesecake Pie
1/2 (15-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
4 large eggs, divided
3/4 cup sugar, divided
2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
1 cup light corn syrup
1. Fit pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions. Fold edges under, and crimp.
2. Beat cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, and salt at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture into piecrust; sprinkle evenly with chopped pecans.
3. Whisk together corn syrup and remaining 3 eggs, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 tsp. vanilla; pour mixture over pecans. Place pie on a baking sheet.
4. Bake at 350° on lowest oven rack 50 to 55 minutes or until pie is set. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour or until completely cool. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 2 days.
Quipped by Bonnie K Hunter at 9:43 PM