>>>>

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thursday Countdown.

I know I know..I usually post in the mornings, but I have had to put myself on a streamlined schedule here in Quiltville, NC. The first thing I did this morning was take time for ME!! I know I have to do this. I can't put going to the gym at the end of the day. It just doesn't work. Something will always take that spot and I won't go at all, something else ALWAYS makes it easy for me to NOT go.

So I went to the gym! It was a gorgeous walk, again, be gone for a week and really see how things have changed when you get back! Those beautiful bradford pears on my walk ARE all gone to leaf. Not a blossom in sight..but the dogwoods and the azaleas and the redbuds..wow. It was good for my SOUL to be out today. I walked to the lady's circuit gym, did my 30 minute work out,and walked back.

Being the ADHD type that I am I have to WRITE a schedule, and tackle things one thing at a time. Sometimes that is hard for me to do. I find myself spinning in circles (and yes, it's documented and diagnosed!) If you always wondered where my energy comes from, believe me, it has it's benefits. I think of it as an extra-ability, rather than a dis-ability. I just have to work to reign it in!

I have a list....but only put ONE thing on the list at a time! *LOL* When that one thing is crossed off, I can add another! I tell you, it's the only way I get anything done here, or I'm flighty flighty.

Today's job is quilting my "Swing Your Partner" for the book. In an earth conscious way, I'm trying this batting! It's a bamboo blend! Has anyone used it? I hope it works..cuz I love this quilt,and I don't want it to be...ehhh...you know? When I find something I like I have a hard time trying something new. In other words, if it ain't broken, don't fix it?? So. I'm quilting with bamboo today. I just unrolled it, and it feels a lot like warm and natural. It has that "scrim" to it....I wonder how it will wash up, or if it will be like quilting through cardboard, the way warm and natural is. Time will tell!


A couple weeks ago I finished my class sample for the next boxy stars workshop. I've got two of these coming up, and wanted to play with my pinks and browns...so here it is! Just needs borders, and that's on hold. It might go to the workshop as just a TOP because there are too many things on the quilting list.












I got the borders added to my "Hand-Me-Downs" Stars last night. Got the back pieced. This is the next one to be quilted.

One thing at a time....uhhuh...I can do it!

20 comments:

  1. There was a lotta talk about bamboo batting at the Lancaster show, but none to be found.

    This weekend, however, I bought a set of pink bamboo SHEETS and they are lovely. So far.

    n, np

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been quilting with warm and natural and like cardboard it has never felt. Is there something better? Please advise because if there is I am game to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilts.......especially the last one!
    I belong to a couple longarm groups and everyone is swearing by the bamboo batting now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought from what I had read that the bamboo was supposed to be dry cleaned. That stopped me from pursuing it. What are the washing instructions on this batt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let use know how the batting is. I always like of cotton and wool being earth friendly and natural too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, Bonnie, I hope the Swing Your Partner is the Snail Trail variation at the top - it is gorgeous! your other two are beautiful as well, pink and brown are a great combinsion (raspberry filled chocolates???)...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your walk sounds lovely. I love walking outdoors. If you put one thing on a list at a time, how do you remember what needs to be done? I make a huge list and then work my way down the list. Your new quilts are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been curious about that batting. Please let me know how it needles and then washes up. Love the newest quilts. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to hear how it goes with the bamboo. I brought the exact same batting back from the holidays in the US for a summer project. Asked on my blog if anyone had tried it, but didn't get any response. Stars look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very curious about the bamboo batting. Here in UK we are very far behind in quilting terms - we will probably get it in about 5 years time - lol ! I love the swing your partner quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the border on the last quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your quilt but I've never heard of that batting. Hope it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:23 PM EDT

    Bonnie, Please don't change anything about your blog. Love reading everyday. I am making the quilt top-Patches and Pinwheels quilt right now. Then on to the mystery crush quilt! Hope you keep bringing these wonderful quilts and instructions to us. Will be buying your book as soon as it comes out! Would love you to autograph, if that would be possible. Hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  14. good luck with the bamboo. maybe it will be soft and lovely, can only hope. love the Hand-Me Downs too. your walk sounds lovely and good for you for writing out a schedule and sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, there! We have a lot in common. The lists, the energy that needs containing lest it get out of control, and the desire to try new things. Let us know how the bamboo batting does! I hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you did "Milky Way" - if I have the name correct. Top photo.

    Great interpretation.

    Enjoy the test of the new batting. I'm sure it'll be great. *karendianne.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the bamboo batting. I also just redid the pillows on my sofa and used the bamboo pillow forms. They are fabulous.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think Swing your Partner will be the first I make in the book. I love it. Seriously, I think I just drooled on the laptop LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how those stars slip into the border.

    curious how the bamboo batting works out. I recently installed bamboo flooring in my kitchen and am happy with it so far. Looks like hardwood (there are pics on my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your stars and the way they integrate with your border. And look forward to get my hands on your book. You have inspired me to go thrifting, cotton shirts and linen trousers so far... The green thinking in quilting is very interesting, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)