>>>>

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Quilting Along...

I keep quilting along in between everything else! This past week I've had the privilege of working on some wonderful sampler quilts by two dutch quilters!


Lucy brought these quilts with her when she came to visit in April, and I am pushing to get them done by the end of the year! This first one, the on-point sampler is one that Lucy taught at Irma's Sampler in Haarlem, The Netherlands. I also started this quilt myself, but because hers was done in centimeters, it was easier for her than it was for me! 7" blocks just don't work out so great math-wise, and I didn't want to do 6" blocks or 12" blocks which would have worked out better mathematically, so mine are in my random sampler. I loved Cathelijn's use of color and how the blocks in the center with the light backgrounds form an on-point diamond! I didn't even notice that until it was unrolled from the machine and hung for pictures!



The second one is on the machine now. It is Simone's bridal quilt. The blocks are 6" and there are so many of them! Lots of thread changes, but it gives me all sorts of fun places to put feathers and motifs.

Just add a book on MP3 to the mix and I'm a happy quilter just quilting along!



19 comments:

  1. the liberal use of "cheddar" in both of the dutch quilts is inspiring... its not a favorite colour of mine -- a little too harsh sometimes -- but it really works to liven these multi block quilts right up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those quiltes are beautiful and your quilting is magnificant. I really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a joy it must be to work on such beautiful quilts, the colors are wonderful. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THose quilts are amazing. Your quilting on them is absolutley beautiful. I'm wowed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:37 AM EST

    Allready saw the pattern on Irma's sampler's site. Love these colours. Another one on the list of 2008!Your quilting makes them more beautifull. I never cared much for machine quilted quilts,'till I found your blog. You're really are a pro.
    congrats on the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredibly happy, colorful quilts; fabulous quilting! Well done everyone! ~group hug~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh beautiful quilting as always Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ladies who made these are going to be so thrilled with your gorgeous quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outstanding quilt. I love what you are doing with it! The colors are so striking. Surely this will be award winning quality when you are done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is verb, happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:27 AM EST

    Beautiful Quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful use of colors and patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The colors are so rich and your quilting is the icing on the cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilting finishes them off beautifully..
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  15. These quilts are gorgeous! The colors are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, those quilts are to die for!!

    Merry Christmas, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful quilts and beautiful work.....congrats on the house sale, and Happy Christmas, tracey

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely work..I adore the contrast

    ReplyDelete
  19. What gorgeous quilts (and your quilting) on the Dutch quilts. I'm amazed at the colors!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)