A Special Donation Quilt with a Special Purpose!
I designed, pieced and quilted this quilt as a donation for Trinity Episcopal Cathedral's 41st annual Trinity Bazaar to be held Nov 3rd, 2007.
100% of the proceeds of this quilt will benefit the following:
* The Children's Garden, a pre-school, day-care which provides childcare for children whose families are homeless or in need. The requested funds will partially fund an assistant teacher in the Toddler One classroom.
* The Cooperative Ministry, which was founded by five area churches (including Trinity) to verify need and give assistance to those who are at risk. It's clients are mostly the working poor but it also assists a large number of homeless individuals. Our funds will go to the Ministry's Emergency Assistance Program which helps with such things as rent, utilities, medicine, clothing, furniture, bus tickets, work boots and tools, emergency food packages and hygiene kits, etc.
* St Lawrence Place is Trinity's transitional housing program for homeless families seeking self-sufficiency and permanent housing. Our funds will go to rehabilitate the Children's Program Building.
* Salvation Army Kids 2 Kamp provides an opportunity for the poorest of Columbia, SC's children to attend a camp whose purpose is to serve the physical, social and spiritual needs of the camplers. Our funds will enable 20 children to attend camp.
* Young Life seeks to introduce middle school and high school students to Christ and help them grow in their faith. Our funds will provide full and partial scholarships for Columbia, SC's middle and high school students to attend Young Life Camp.
How you can help!
You can purchase tickets for this quilt at $1.00 each, or 6 for $5.00.
To purchase your tickets via snail-mail, you can send a check written to Trinity Cathedral for the amount of tickets you wish to receive. Include the check (it is a tax deductible donation) and a self-addressed, stamped envelope in your mailing envelope so we can mail your ticket stubs back to you. Address the mailing envelope to:
Trinity Bazaar Donation Quilt
124 Wicklow Ct
Irmo, SC 29063.
You can make a payment via PayPal by sending your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. If paying by PayPal, please include $1.00 extra to cover the paypal surcharge, and the cost of stamps and envelopes to return your ticket stubs to you.
For instance, if you want 12 tickets for $10.00, please make your payment for $11.00 instead of $10.00.
In your information, please include your snail mail address so we can send you your lucky stubs!
I am also in the process of setting up a shopping cart with paypal for your convenience. Give me some time and hopefully it will be up and running soon!
Let's face it. SOMEONE is going to win this quilt for $1.00! It could be YOU!
Close up of the quilting! Quilted with Signature verigated thread.
No Quilt is complete without the label!
Thank you so much for your willingness in the past (and the future) to dig deep and give to those who are so much less fortunate than ourselves. You've been there through fund raising for the American Diabetes Association, and for the Multiple Sclerosis Society. This time all of the funds raised will benefit children and youth in getting a foothold up in life. I am grateful for what little I can do to help, and I can't do it without you! Without you, this quilt is just a quilt. With you and your donations, this quilt can be the catalyst to so much more!