Sunday, December 24, 2006

Stashbusting Stars....


When I graduated from Massage Therapy School 13 months ago (has it been that long already?) The Stashbuster's group stuffed my mailbox with squishies! Stars of all shapes and sizes in blue/neutral.

These have sat for a year because I just didn't know how I was going to put them together....the sizes are 3", 6", 9" and 12"....and that can be a bit of a challenge!

This morning I pulled out the blocks and started playing with them on the floor...this is what I came up with!

There was one place where I needed ONE MORE 9" block..and I just didn't want to have to piece anything so I started digging through orphan blocks to see what would work. I found a blue chunky churn dash in a 9" size that fit the bill....it can be me odd-ball maverick block because I just did NOT want to cut and piece a 9" star *LOL*

Now I have to start sewing the sections together and into a top. It feels great to be able to have time with my machine. I don't do any machine quilting for anyone else until I get back from visiting Tonya on Jan 3rd, so this time is for me and my UFOs!

Bonnie

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh it looks wonderful! Was that nice or what! It looks great! And I had to look for the chunky churn dash! It does work right in!

Lisa D. said...

What an awesome quilt!! They couldn't have planned better, it comes together so great. I had to really look for the churn dash too - it fits perfectly with those stars!

quiltpixie said...

this will look fantastic together -- the maverick block doesn't leap at you, but when you tell me its there I found it :-)

Patti said...

Bonnie, this quilt turned out perfectly! And I love the fact that you are using one orphan block of your own - as a true stashbuster should do. I can't believe it's been that long since you graduated. I bet you can't believe it either!

I wondered where you'd been - didn't know you'd been cruising. It looks like you had a wonderful time and came back relaxed. I know you've had some stressful personal challenges in your life the last year or tow - I'm so glad you were able to take this time a way to be "renewed".

Happy holidays to you and your family.

anne bebbington said...

I had to search really hard to find that churn dash block it blends in beautifully with all the others - a lovely arrangements making a really nice Christmas present to yourself - have a good one!

Tonya R said...

That's a real christmas gift for you - being able to work on your own quilts. It might have been challenging, but I love how this looks with all the different sizes. mahhhvelous.

Sandra said...

I can't believe we sent these so long ago LOL. You've come up with a wonderful plan for all these different shaped blocks - the churn dash doesn't even look out of place! Glad you can have time to work on your own quilts - it does recharge the batteries somewhat after you've been working on stuff for everyone else.