>>>>

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Stashbusting Stars....


When I graduated from Massage Therapy School 13 months ago (has it been that long already?) The Stashbuster's group stuffed my mailbox with squishies! Stars of all shapes and sizes in blue/neutral.

These have sat for a year because I just didn't know how I was going to put them together....the sizes are 3", 6", 9" and 12"....and that can be a bit of a challenge!

This morning I pulled out the blocks and started playing with them on the floor...this is what I came up with!

There was one place where I needed ONE MORE 9" block..and I just didn't want to have to piece anything so I started digging through orphan blocks to see what would work. I found a blue chunky churn dash in a 9" size that fit the bill....it can be me odd-ball maverick block because I just did NOT want to cut and piece a 9" star *LOL*

Now I have to start sewing the sections together and into a top. It feels great to be able to have time with my machine. I don't do any machine quilting for anyone else until I get back from visiting Tonya on Jan 3rd, so this time is for me and my UFOs!

Bonnie

6 comments:

  1. Oh it looks wonderful! Was that nice or what! It looks great! And I had to look for the chunky churn dash! It does work right in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this will look fantastic together -- the maverick block doesn't leap at you, but when you tell me its there I found it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, this quilt turned out perfectly! And I love the fact that you are using one orphan block of your own - as a true stashbuster should do. I can't believe it's been that long since you graduated. I bet you can't believe it either!

    I wondered where you'd been - didn't know you'd been cruising. It looks like you had a wonderful time and came back relaxed. I know you've had some stressful personal challenges in your life the last year or tow - I'm so glad you were able to take this time a way to be "renewed".

    Happy holidays to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to search really hard to find that churn dash block it blends in beautifully with all the others - a lovely arrangements making a really nice Christmas present to yourself - have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a real christmas gift for you - being able to work on your own quilts. It might have been challenging, but I love how this looks with all the different sizes. mahhhvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:24 AM EST

    I can't believe we sent these so long ago LOL. You've come up with a wonderful plan for all these different shaped blocks - the churn dash doesn't even look out of place! Glad you can have time to work on your own quilts - it does recharge the batteries somewhat after you've been working on stuff for everyone else.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)