>>>>

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Christmas Getaway Project?


I've been thinking of UFOs that would be easy to bring to the cabin for the Christmas week away....

This is a pic of a Dear Jane variation that I've had set aside for nearly a couple years now. I love it...it's just tedious as all (*&#(*$ and I think it wasn't scrappy enough for me. It's all double pinks and chocolate indigoes. I bought the indigoes at Quilt Market in Houston, fell in love with them even though they are a thicker, coarser weave. They come waxy and stiff as canvas, they soften when you wash them and get all the excess dye out. The background is a tiny pink/white shirting. It looks VERY old...and I love it..I just burned out on it.

The blocks are more than 1/2 done...I could pack all of this in a small tub and have enough sewing to last me the whole week or more...so I'm thinking this is what I'll be bringing. Maybe it will get me eager to work on it again?

Bonnie

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan Bonnie, especially if it's the only thing you take along..LOL. It'll either get closer to finished or move you over the edge into complete insanity....*G*. I think you'll finish it..the colors sound wonderful. Hadn't heard of the chocolate indigos before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good thing about bringing that project is that you'll focus on it and not let yourself get sucked into other projects. That's what happens to me when I am working on something that is not my favorite. I'll say to myself, well, I'll just cut this little bit of fabric over here or sew on this border over here and meanwhile the quilt I need for a wedding in a week is still sitting there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing that quilt... I like it too... Do you have all of the Storm at Sea parts done, or do you work on them as you work on the DJ parts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh BABY! I LOVE it! I love that setting idea! You know, if you really don't think you can work on it again you could always send it my way!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie: That's a beautiful quilt! You are amazing! I can't wait to see what else you pull out from days gone by and share with us. What size is this quilt going to be when finished?

    I can just imagine a week in that cabin, alone with the dog while DH & DS are out playing, and working on that quilt (or any quilt for that matter!).

    I'd never seen the other colors of indigo either. Gorgeous!

    Judy L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've loved this DJ since I saw it on your website. It's gorgeous and you should definitely spend some time with it on your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's progressed a lot since the last time I saw it. It's looking beautiful.
    If you're still feeling burnt out on it, could always split this into two smaller quilts and just piece great borders...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it, Bonnie. I love your setting of the blocks. I have just yesterday joined a Dear Jane online group and have decided to start my first one. I'm going to hand piece (at least to start!)and of course, the plan is to make it scrappy. I need another project right?

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)