>>>>

Friday, August 19, 2005

My Yellow Bellied Sap Sucker...

Today I got a call from the nurse at Jeff's school to pick him up.....he'd gone jaundiced. His eye whites were yellow, and so was his skin. Very strange to see...

His doc's office is closed on friday afternoons so i had to go down to the urgent care at the medical center. Doc-in-a-box. FUN! NOT!

Hours waiting...HOURS! Mostly waiting for the doc....then waiting for the blood to be drawn....then waiting for the results of the tests...

Looks like Jeff has mono... :c/ I have to take him back on monday for more blood work to compare to what they did today.

Then through talking to the doc, I told him about all *my* fatigue the past couple months and how I just can't get with it. He ordered blood work for me too. He's checking for mono because of Jeff...(yes, it is contagious) and then since we were drawing blood anyway, to check my thyroid and also rule out anemia as well. I won't find my results out til probably monday when I take Jeff in.

The thing that scares me the most is that if *I* am positive for mono, I need to defer from school...which means I"ll be out for 3 months. Oh please let it be my thyroid or something else that is causing this overwhelming fatique, and not mono!! I only have 12 weeks left of school, I just want to finish now, not have it drag into next year. :c(

So that's where it stands here.

Bonnie

8 comments:

  1. Bonnie, so sorry to hear of your fatigue. Good move on your part to have the doc check. I'll you at the top of my prayer list, for a good outcome when the results come back. I know you have within what you need to deal with it, either way. But, still..will pray that you can finish school on schedule. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should say: I'll keep you at the top, etc....sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to here about the mono. My sister has thyroid problems - kept her from getting pregnant till they figured it out. Hope they figure it out for you because I know dragging all the time isn't fun! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie: I hope your son is better quickly and I hope your problem is just the thyroid.

    When I went for my annual checkup in June, I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid and having just taken the meds for about two months, I feel so much better and have more energy.

    Love reading your blog!

    Judy L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Hope everything turns out okay. (((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trust me, don't wish thyroid problems on yourself. Mono will pass, thyroid will not. Hopefully, it's just the flu or stress or something lesser than the two evils you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie .. update us and let us know how you all are doing. Hope your son is feeling better and you've heard back from the doc with your test results.

    Thinking of you . .

    JudyL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie, have been thinking about you and your son all weekend. Praying that things have made a turn for the better. Let us know, when you can, how things are going.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)